This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Property friendly name in Cyrillic

Nov 13, 2011 at 7:05 AM

When trying to enter Property Friendly Name in 01. Definition section of ValueProperty Collection Editor using Cyrillic the question marks are generated instead of Cyrillic text. The cslagenFork project xml file for Friendly Name contains correct Cyrillic text. Are there any way to generate correct Friendly Name in code file?

Coordinator
Nov 13, 2011 at 12:22 PM
Edited Nov 13, 2011 at 12:23 PM

Hi George,

This is an encoding problem. In CslaGenFork there is a undocumented feature (no, not a bug, it's really a feature that isn't documented) that allows you to specify the encoding you want to use.

If you are using Windows 7, go to

C:\ProgramData\CslaGenFork Project\Csla Generator Fork

If you are using Windows XP, go to

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CslaGenFork Project\Csla Generator Fork

Open the latest version folder (that should be 4.0.9) and edit

SharedApp.config

Under appSettings add the following lines

<add key="CodeEncoding" value="iso-8859-1" />
        <add key="SProcEncoding" value="iso-8859-1" />

replacing the iso-8859-1 part with the relevant encoding. I guess you don't need help for the later issue. In case you do, I have a file that lists all the encodings.

Of course CodeEncoding refers to generated C# files and SProcEncoding refers to stored procedures.

One final note: the SharedApp.config file contents won't be copied across CslaGenFork releases. This is in the to do list but with a very low priority.

Best regards.

Coordinator
Nov 13, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Sorry George, wrong answer.

It's not the SharedApp.config you need to change but rather CslaGenerator.exe.config file.

Nov 14, 2011 at 5:06 AM

Hi Tiago,

Thank you for your quick response.

Your recommendations worked fine.

I have Windows 7 OS (64-bits).  File CslaGenerator.exe.config is located in folder: "C:\Program Files (x86)\CslaGeneratorFork". Two records were added inside <appSettings> element:

<add key="CodeEncoding" value="UTF-8" />   

<add key="SProcEncoding" value="UTF-8" />

The test confirmed that generated code had correct "Cyrillic" text.