This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Creating Read Only Root Collection from Stored Procedure with Column Alias

Developer
Oct 17, 2011 at 1:52 AM

How do you create a read only root collection from a stored procedure in which the name of a column uses an alias?  The create gestures for stored procedure schema objects does not appear to be coded.

I created the stored procedure manually but don’t know how to bind alised column names to property names.  The ‘ValueProperty Collection Editor’ requires the ‘DB Bind Column’ to be selected from existing table schema. 

I want to build a user search class in which the ’ first name’ and ‘last name’ column values are concatenated into the column ‘name’ in the results but cannot figure out how to bind to the column ‘name’ in the 'ValueProperty Collection Editor'.

Coordinator
Oct 17, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Hi Keith,

You don't. I guess this is a feature request: allow SProc use for read only objects. It's registered as work item Id#670.

Why don't you try to do it some other way? I don't know the specifics but I guess there is some other way of doing it.

Developer
Oct 18, 2011 at 12:50 AM
tiago wrote:

Hi Keith,

You don't. I guess this is a feature request: allow SProc use for read only objects. It's registered as work item Id#670.

Why don't you try to do it some other way? I don't know the specifics but I guess there is some other way of doing it.

I can return both 'first name' and 'last name' separately instead of a single 'full name'.