This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

What news about invoicing sample ?

Aug 7, 2011 at 6:17 PM

Hi Tiago,

What news about invoicing sample that you start in 2011 February ?
Have you a generated code ? I saw the scripts of the database but I don’t see code.

I think that it is a good sample and that it is easier to learn something from a sample.

With a generated code we can :
- learn how Csla 4.0 run
- reproduce the generated code with CslaGen Fork

Another small question :
in the Home page you wrote : 2011 Jul 30 All VS2008 solutions and projects are dead and gone.

I downloaded yesterday the 4.0.2 version and there is a 2008 solution.
I prefer that because I use still VS 2008 .

Thanks

Dominique

Aug 8, 2011 at 9:02 AM

Allways on Invoicing sample :

In the use case Invoices and invoice items , you wrote :
On a given invoice, several invoice items may refer to the same product and have different unit prices”.

OK it is possible but the SQL table InvoiceItems has as Primary Key : InvoiceId and ProductId. So the use case never can be verified because the PK is unique.

You must add a new field in the PK (for example, order = number of the item) or use an identity as PK.

Coordinator
Aug 9, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Hi Dominique.

In some previous post I discussed how I organized my time and priorities in what CslaGenFork is concerned.

I started this sample because I felt the need of having such a sample, but mainly because I had some spare time. I wasn't ready to do much development work as I was waiting for Rocky's ebooks to be out. Since the ebooks start comming out I suspended the sample and gave full priority to the new developments:

• Silverlight
  • Business Rules
  • Authorization Rules
  • lots of other small issues and features

I'm not planning to continue the sample until Generation of Encapsulated Invoke model is finished.

Regards

Tiago

Developer
Sep 29, 2011 at 12:54 PM
Edited Sep 29, 2011 at 1:41 PM

I've been updating the Sample Invoice documentation.  Comments and corrections welcome

dg78 wrote:

Hi Tiago,

What news about invoicing sample that you start in 2011 February ?
Have you a generated code ? I saw the scripts of the database but I don’t see code.

I think that it is a good sample and that it is easier to learn something from a sample.

With a generated code we can :
- learn how Csla 4.0 run
- reproduce the generated code with CslaGen Fork

Another small question :
in the Home page you wrote : 2011 Jul 30 All VS2008 solutions and projects are dead and gone.

Thanks

Dominique

Coordinator
Sep 30, 2011 at 12:38 AM
Edited Oct 1, 2011 at 12:02 AM
dg78 wrote:

Another small question :

Hi Dominique,

The current sources don't include a VS2008 solution. Try instead the Nightly Build 2011.10.01...