All features and corrections refer to CSLA 4.x target projects, except when stated otherwise.
CSLA .NET targets:
- 4.3.14 (NET 4.0, Silverlight 4 and Silverlight 5)
- 4.5.700 (NET 4.0, NET 4.5, Silverlight 5, Windows Phone and WinRT)
Note 1 - The generated code uses the synchronous DataPortal_XYZ methods.
Note 2 - On Silverlight, Windows Phone and WinRT projects, use the SILVERLIGHT conditional compilation symbol.
Changes since release 4.3 RC:
UI new features
- Menu option "Convert to SmartDate" handles DateTimeOffset
- New menu option: Change Primary Key properties to not Undoable
- Project parameters for creation options "Use SmartDate" and "Use string with TypeConversion" handles DataTimeOffset
- Support for UTC in creation gestures
- Generate Constructor option in 00. Generate Options
- Added Global Settings panel (settings that apply to all projects) for code and stored procedure encodings
- Csla objects list: filter by name supports list of object names
- Project panel; added tooltips
Generation new features
- Support for CSLA 4.5.x
- Support new SQL Server 2008 date/time data types
- Support UTC in simple audit
- VB code generation (only non DAL architecture)
- Support for inline SQL queries
- Inline query methods: support for "ref" and "out" parameter passing
- Experimental support for polymorphic collections (wip)
UI fixes and improvements
- Creation gestures support un-matching column names on FK constraints
- Creation gesture EditableChildCollection shouldn't show DynamicEditableRoot objects
- Creation gestures set Undoable to false for Primary Key properties
- Most I/O errors didn't report any error on the UI
- I/O errors only show the exception message (and hide the error stack)
- Improve panel sorting and closing
- Fix schema columns context menu item's visibility
- Update DockPanelSuite to version 18.104.22.168 (fixed docking on Windows 8)
Generation fixes and improvements
- Fix updated properties when source and target have different names
- Accept un-matching column names on FK constraints
- Silverlight's DataPortal_Create support for DataPortal Hooks (pseudo) events
- Extended file includes a commented OnChildChanged override
- OnCollectionChanged doesn't fire on Csla 4.5.x when collection is ReadOnly
- "Default.xml" file location is version independent
- Detect empty or wrong templates directory path
- Allow switch on/off template recompilation (feature for template developers)
- Allow overwrite of extended files
- Don't generate NotUndoable attribute for read only objects
First timers - To use or try this project, you must download both files: CslaGenFork and Templates.
Note - Before attempting to generate something, go to the Tools
menu, and select Locate Template Directory
. Now point to the top directory of where your templates are and click "OK". That's it.
First timers - Most important, you must download the free CodeSmith extension or else you won't be able to do any operation at all.
Note - You don't need to install CodeSmith; just follow the CodeSmith setup guide
and yes, CslaGenFork runs on Windows 8.