This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Ability to define DTO object name.

Jan 12, 2015 at 12:35 AM
I have a separate project for my Db Interface and DAL layer. Most of that code is already generated using another tool/framework.

Is it possible to use CslaGenFork to gen the classes but set a property on each class to define the DTO object used in an encapsulated invoke scenario? Right now the templates seem to use a pattern of ClassName + Dto as a suffix. I can't find a place to change this. It would be great if we could just define this on a per class basis.

For example, I have a User table and a UserInfoList and UserInfo readonly collection and readonly csla classes. I may also have other "User" CSLA classes depending on behavior/use case. My separate data libraries already define a "User" dto object. CslaGenFork will gen code using a UserInfoDto object which I don't have nor need.

Any ideas or am I just way off the reservation here?
Jan 12, 2015 at 9:04 AM
Hi,

The Dto suffix can't be configured. As a side note, if you are generating the DAL using another code generator, you would be too lucky if the CslaGenFork code fits your DAL generated code. Maybe you can set each CslaGenFork object/collection to not Generate Data Access Region and write the DataPortal methods by hand.