This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

NameValueList Exception

Jun 12, 2013 at 3:13 AM
I have lost all ability to generate NameValueLists classes...even NVL classes which previously generated properly. I can generate other stereotypes without a problem. Where do I start?

Error Log
Jun 13, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Hi Keith,

Did you solve the problem?
Jun 13, 2013 at 12:23 PM
tiago wrote:
Hi Keith,

Did you solve the problem?
<br/>
It required re-booting the machine in order to work. However, I'm having problems with setting the 'Invalidate Cache' option another object for this NVL. This setting is working for a dozen other objects.

The output error indicates the cache result is none when you can see in the screen print it is set to dataportal.

Jun 13, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Edited Jun 13, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Hi Keith,

I guess this is another problem you will solve by yourself. Please note UOList is a NameValueList but show lots of options it shouldn't show. How did you do it? My guess is that UOList was created with another stereotype and later you changed it to NameValueList.

I found out a minute ago that if you take a ReadOnlyObject child object and change its stereotype to NameValueList, it keeps showing the 04. Child Object Options until you delete the parent.

This doesn't require you to restart the computer. Just delete UOList and re-create it from scratch.

Looking at your screen shot I can suggest a few things:
1) If possible, use several CslaGenFork projects in order to keep each project more manageable (sometimes it requires an object to be duplicated, but it should be generated by a single project)
2) If you have a looong list of objects, use a separatoi like an object named "- - - - This part - - - - -" (of course it shouldn't generate anything at all)

Regards,
Tiago Freitas Leal
Jun 13, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Edited Jun 13, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Keith,

When you change a stereotype there are some fields that become hidden. This doesn't mean they are empty and it means you can get generation errors all over the place.

CslaGenFork is never tested for this 'stereotype changing' scenario so you must handle it with care.

Use creation gesture whenever you can do it. Of course you can change an object's stereotype but watch for fields that get hidden and try to make them empty. If needed, change it back to the original stereotype so you can see every field again.

Unfortunately it's not easy to have a "Show all" stereotype that could ease that task.
Jun 13, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Edited Jun 13, 2013 at 3:51 PM
tiago wrote:
Hi Keith,

I guess this is another problem you will solve by yourself. Please note UOList is a NameValueList but show lots of options it shouldn't show. How did you do it? My guess is that UOList was created with another stereotype and later you changed it to NameValueList.

This doesn't require you to restart the computer. Just delete UOList and re-create it from scratch.

Regards,
Tiago Freitas Leal
<br/>
Recreating UOMList fixed the problem. I never change the stereotype after creating.

I have found when using a business rule from the open project in Visual Studio I cannot compile the application without first closing CslaGenFork. My guess is it is not releasing the reference.

Thanks for you help.
Jun 13, 2013 at 5:36 PM
There was, in fact, two 'UOMList' NVLs defined. Removing one eliminated the 'Invalidate Cache Result' output error.