This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Read Only Root Collection (2011.10.01)

Oct 3, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Attempting to create Read Only Root Collection for Brands (BrandInfoList of BrandInfoListItem) in Invoicing Sample using gesture.

Getting the following error when attempting to generate:

BrandInfoList: File: C:\Users\KawBoy\Documents\CSLAGenFork\SampleInvoice\SampleInvoice.Library\BrandInfoList.Designer.cs File: C:\Users\KawBoy\Documents\CSLAGenFork\SampleInvoice\SampleInvoice.Library\BrandInfoList.cs File: C:\Users\KawBoy\Documents\CSLAGenFork\SampleInvoice\sprocs\BrandInfoList.sqlBrandInfoListItem: File: C:\Users\KawBoy\Documents\CSLAGenFork\SampleInvoice\SampleInvoice.Library\BrandInfoListItem.Designer.csFailed:ParentType  has no child BrandInfoListItem
File: C:\Users\KawBoy\Documents\CSLAGenFork\SampleInvoice\SampleInvoice.Library\BrandInfoListItem.csDatabase file: File: C:\Users\KawBoy\Documents\CSLAGenFork\SampleInvoice\SampleInvoice.Library\Data\Database.cs
DoneDataPortalHookArgs classe: already exists.
Classes: 2 generated. 1 failed.Stored Procs: 1 generated. 0 failed.

Oct 3, 2011 at 11:23 PM
Edited Oct 3, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Hi Keith,

Of course I have the database schema but I don't have the project file. Can you please send it to me?

[Edit]

No need to send it. I got the problem. This is related to yesterday's correction to ParentValidate.asp

Oct 4, 2011 at 1:00 AM
Edited Oct 4, 2011 at 1:02 AM

The issue is due to the introduction of object Business Rules and shows on every stereotype that has Business Rules (all but NameValueList and ReadOnlyCollection). The BusinessRules collection isn't created on object creation.

WORKAROUND - right after object creation, save the project and open it; everything will be fine as the loader creates every property by itself.

Oct 4, 2011 at 1:01 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.