This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

A couple a usability issues...

Aug 21, 2011 at 1:31 AM

Preparing the Nightly Build 2011.08.20 I realized CslaGenFork had two usability issues. It seems everyone knows how to deal with them as no one complained.

1) The MSI didn't update CslaGenFork

Although show a new version in the Start Menu, the application was running the exact same .EXE file. This started to happen when CslaGenFork migrated to VS2010 only. For the time it was both VS2008 and VS2010 I did the MSI build under VS2008 and this problem didn't show. After some investigation I found the solution and the reason for the issue. You can read more about it 

VS 2010 Setup Project - how to upgrade

2) You can't do any useful operation if CodeSmith.dll isn't present

I was under the strong impression that this wasn't a problem until you hit the generate button. I realized that the only operations you can do are:

• create a new project
  • save the (empty) project

This isn't very useful and for those that want to evaluate the product, it gives the worst impression. So as soon as you open CslaGenFork, the CodeSmith extension must be present if you want to:

• create a new project
  • load an existing project

If it's not there, the CodeSmith Extension popup shows and you won't be able to do the selected operations if you don't install the extension.

For other operations this isn't checked as I presume you aren't going to un-install the CodeSmith extension after loading a project :)