This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

CTP 3

Apr 4, 2011 at 4:37 AM

Is there any guess on how far away CTP 3 is?

Apr 4, 2011 at 7:42 AM
Edited Apr 4, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Hi farkmischer,

There is no estimated date for CTP3. Given the wish list you can find at http://cslagenfork.codeplex.com/releases/view/54532 it could take a long time.

There are two ways of doing a project like CGF:

1) close the CTP cycle and make final releases in very small incremental steps

2) keep long CTP cycles and publish source code changesets that have "final release" quality

Approach 2) involves less work as I don't have to build a setup every time I publish source code changes. For the casual visitor, approach 1) is more interesting as he doesn't have to build the source in order to see how the product "state of the art" looks like. So far I've followed approach 2).

The feature on the drawing board is Silverlight and asynchronous code generation. This is a major change and maybe I have to close a CTP just for this feature as it involves a diferent set of templates and a lot of other changes. This means another lot of features won't go into CTP 3 but rather into CTP 4...

Back to the point, my question is: what is the feature scheduled for CTP 3 that you are waiting for?

Apr 4, 2011 at 11:48 AM

I am eagerly awaiting the ability to us CGF with silverlight.

Thanks for all the work you are doing.  I would love to help but I am more of a consumer of CSLA and don't know enough about the templates to be much good at this point.  I would like to help with the sample application under documentation.  I finish my university classes in about a month and if the sample isn't done by then I will be contacting you to help finish that.

Keep up the good work.

Apr 4, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Hi farkmischer,

I appreciate your offer. A lot.

I realized people need a sample but it takes a lot of time to do it properly. It forces me to choose: either write/build the sample or develop new features. If you can do the samples, I keep my focus on the new features. Thanks in advance.

Apr 4, 2011 at 11:37 PM

I will be happy to help.  I am very excited by the progress with CGF so far.  I was frustrated by the lack of progress on CSLAGen.  With CSLAGen they seemed to hold to code very close and not want any help with keeping up with the times.  Thanks so much for taking the leap. 

I will be done with my classes May 5th I will start working on the samples right after that.  Do you have a Visual Studio solution that you have already started?Hopefully, I can help with more than just the sample but I have to wrap my head around the inner workings of CSLA 4 first.