Version 4460 - Is it okay to test

Developer
Nov 21, 2010 at 9:16 PM

Tiago,

I wanted to test out 4460 to see how the parent/child code would be generated. If I should not be using 4460 then let me know and I will wait for the official release.

However I am getting an error when  generating a simple parenr /child (lazyload=false, loadingscheme=parentload).

I can send you the xml file and also the database (its just a very small test database) for you to see the error:

File: D:\CLSAGenFork\Blarm\CTP1_4460\TestApp\CSLAGen\ParBase.cs

SpGeneration Crashed:Error generating SelectProcedure: asp_ParGet

Index was outside the bounds of the array.

at CslaGenerator.Util.SprocTemplateHelper.FilterDuplicateConstraintTables(List`1 fKeys) in D:\CLSAGenFork\Blarm\CTP1_4460\trunk\Solutions\CslaGenFork\Templates\Sprocs\SprocTemplateHelper.cs:line 874
   at CslaGenerator.Util.SprocTemplateHelper.GetFromClauseClassic(Criteria crit, CslaObjectInfo info, Boolean includeParentObjects) in D:\CLSAGenFork\Blarm\CTP1_4460\trunk\Solutions\CslaGenFork\Templates\Sprocs\SprocTemplateHelper.cs:line 327
   at CslaGenerator.Util.SprocTemplateHelper.GetFromClause(Criteria crit, CslaObjectInfo info, Boolean includeParentObjects) in D:\CLSAGenFork\Blarm\CTP1_4460\trunk\Solutions\CslaGenFork\Templates\Sprocs\SprocTemplateHelper.cs:line 296
   at CslaGenerator.Util.SprocTemplateHelper.GetSelect(CslaObjectInfo info, Criteria crit, Boolean childSelect, Boolean searchWhereClause) in D:\CLSAGenFork\Blarm\CTP1_4460\trunk\Solutions\CslaGenFork\Templates\Sprocs\SprocTemplateHelper.cs:line 226
   at CslaGenerator.Util.SprocTemplateHelper.GetChildSelects(CslaObjectInfo info, Criteria crit, Boolean searchWhereClause) in D:\CLSAGenFork\Blarm\CTP1_4460\trunk\Solutions\CslaGenFork\Templates\Sprocs\SprocTemplateHelper.cs:line 266
   at _CodeSmithTemplate.SelectProcedure_cst.__RenderMethod1(TextWriter writer, Control control)
   at CodeSmith.Engine.DelegateControl.Render(TextWriter writer)
   at CodeSmith.Engine.Control.RenderChildren(TextWriter writer)
   at CodeSmith.Engine.Control.Render(TextWriter writer)
   at CodeSmith.Engine.CodeTemplate.Render(TextWriter writer)
   at CslaGenerator.Templates.CodeGenerator.GenerateProcedure(CslaObjectInfo objInfo, Criteria crit, String templateName, String sprocName) in D:\CLSAGenFork\Blarm\CTP1_4460\trunk\Solutions\CslaGenFork\Templates\CodeGenerator.cs:line 624

Bill

Coordinator
Nov 21, 2010 at 11:38 PM
Edited Nov 21, 2010 at 11:43 PM

Hi Bill,

Every check in should build. Unless stated otherwise (like templates missing, etc) every check in is self contained and complete. This means you can work with it. I build and rebuild countless times and according to what I'm doing, I make some variations but always come back to my original objects and rebuild. It's a test/control set of projects that is growing: for LoadingScheme/LazyLoad alone I have 24 separate projects.

In a nut shell: it's okay to test.

On the problem you report, as you might have guesses it's all sproc related. If you disable sproc generation, it should be OK.

Sproc generation is the weakest part of CslaGen and also of CslaGenFork. I manage to build my project's sprocs with no problems although I know it's easy to crash the sproc generator.

Please send me a backup of the database and the XML.

Developer
Nov 22, 2010 at 10:49 AM

Tiago,

I have sent a zip file to your gmail including thae database backup (MSSQL 2005) and xml file.

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2010 at 11:34 PM
Blarm wrote:

Tiago,

I have sent a zip file to your gmail including thae database backup (MSSQL 2005) and xml file.

Thanks Bill

Try change set 4614 please.