O/RM code generator for CSLA.NET 4.3/4.5/4.6 generating Stored Procedures, Business Layer and Data Access Layer code for Windows Forms, ASP.NET, WPF and Silverlight.
There is a complete set of C# templates. Currently there are VB templates, but only for non DAL architecture. You are welcome to contribute with VB templates for DAL DataReader and DAL using DTO.
2016 Jul 07 - Version 4.6.0 is progressing
The lastest versions were mainly maintenance releases. Besides some bug fixing, this release is about usability improvements and new features.
- Improve inheritance
- fix templates and visual details
- expand its use cases, namely by allowing inheritance from project objects
- improve filters on inheritance objects lists so they only show the types that make sense
- Add new Csla object types
- abstract base classes for inheritance purposes
- custom criteria classes as independent classes that are easier to tailor to your needs
- place holder - this object type doesn't generate anything at all, but it can be used to
- separate sections of your project objects, since it shows in blue and you can use character markers like - - - , <<< or * * *
- document the interfaces you use in your project
- Add new custom type properties
- Implement EditOnDemand pattern
- Implement Singleton classes (for root read only objects)
- Handle the Saved static event raised by EditableRoot with Weak Event (the generated code was causing memory leaks)
- Improve Enum's display - for instance, show Editable Child Collection instead of
EditableChildCollection or show C# instead of
- On the collection of child properties, improve the child type filter so it shows only objects that make sense.
- Introduce "Don't ask again" MessageBoxEx control and apply it where it fits
CGF was full of legacy code and templates. Those part were never changed but it was unclear whether they were actually useful. To make new developments easier, legacy support was dropped.
- Support code and templates for pre CSLA .NET 4.0 projects was removed. CGF will help you convert your project file to a supported version of CSLA .NET.
- Support for active objects and for the plugin system was removed, as these options were available only for legacy projects.
For those of you that continue to generate code for legacy CSLA versions, CslaGenFork 4.5.4 is and will be available.
- CSLA 4.3 (NET 4.0, Silverlight 4 and Silverlight 5)
- CSLA 4.5 (NET 4.0, NET 4.5 and Silverlight 5)
- Fix project file format conversion.
- Saved handler must support deleted objects.
- Report that a non-item object wasn't found on the DB (issue detail).
If you were told generated code is bug ridden or rigid or code gen tools are just toys, then have a second opinion.
If you had some bad experiences with CslaGen or other code gen tools, then you don't need a feature list but an argument list.
No, you are not sent out to the wild on your own. We try to help all the way. Or at least, some of the way...
- How do I start using it?
- How do I organize myself?
- Do I need some tools?
- Where do I fetch the free CodeSmith engine?
- Is there a suggested workflow for codegen?
2013 Jan 27 - DeepLoad sample v3.0.1 -
The DeepLoad sample project tests the loading part of a 6 levels deep data structure, from Continents to City Roads. This project illustrates how to use CslaGenFork to generate deep objects.
- New VS2010 solution illustrating DAL using DTO (Data Transfer Object)
- Updated to Csla 4.3.13
- Use "LocalDB" and path independent connection string for easy deploy
2012 Apr 09 - Rules sample v.1.1.0 -
download it here
This is a DLL rules library you can freely use in your projects and the missing complement to the new
Import Business and Authorization Rules from DLL feature.
New on this release:
- added projects for Csla 4.3.10
- 6 new business rules
Note - Source code is available as a single download file.
2011 Jul 02 -
Cheat Sheet contents includes:
- How to create objects and collections by point and click
- How to create child objects and child collections by point and click
- What are those dreaded Parent Properties
- How to use DataAnnotations validation rules
This blog post explains the restrictions of Silverlight code, the solutions to the issues they raise and how to use the generated code.
To join this project and make your own contribution:
- Register on CodePlex
- Go to
my Codeplex page and send a contact.
Is there a sample?
There is a work in progress started 2011 Feb 15. Look under the Documentation tab or go straight to the
Is there a FAQ?
Of course there is! It's brand new and it's a moving target meaning I'm adding questions every now and then.
Read it here (2010-12-08 update).
About the license...
CslaGenFork is GPL 2 as CodePlex doesn't allow GPL 3. The GPL license is an inheritance from the original CslaGen code generator. Of course you can use the generated code as you like: sell, borrow, lend or even give away.
CslaGen couldn't exist without the free CodeSmith DLL. Great care was taken in not breaching the CodeSmith license agreement neither by CslaGenFork nor by anyone using it, Thank you