O/RM code generator for CSLA.NET 4.3 generating Stored Procedures, Business Layer and Data Access Layer code for Windows Forms, ASP.NET, WPF and Silverlight.
There is a complete set of C# templates. Currently there are VB templates, but only for non DAL architecture. You are welcome to contribute with VB templates for DAL DataReader and DAL using DTO.
CslaGenFork 4.5.0 features
- CSLA 4.3.14 (NET 4.0, Silverlight 4 and Silverlight 5)
- CSLA 4.5.501 (NET 4.0, NET 4.5 and Silverlight 5)
- Support for CSLA 4.5.x using synchronous DataPortal_XYZ methods (done)
- Support for new SQL Server 2008 date/time data types (done)
- Support for UTC (done)
- VB code generation (only non DAL architecture) (done)
- Support for inline SQL queries (done)
- Full release notes
- Release 4.5.0 progress status on 05 Apr 2014
- Targets CSLA 4.3.13 (NET 4.0, Silverlight 4 and Silverlight 5)
- Encapsulated Invoke (both variants of DAL: DataReader and DTO)
- Create objects and collections from views and stored procedures
- Creator, Getter and CreatorGetter Unit of Work (for aysnc WPF, Silverlight and stateless web apps)
- Make projects Silverlight ready with one click
- Support for automatic cache invalidation
- Re-introduced support for updated properties (NVL and RO collection updated after editing an object)
- Improved converted properties (no backing field, smaller objects)
- Much improved pre-generation object validation
2013 Jan 27 - DeepLoad sample v3.0.1 -
The DeepLoad sample project tests the loading part of a 6 levels deep data structure, from Continents to City Roads. New features:
- New VS2010 solution illustrating DAL using DTO (Data Transfer Object)
- Updated to Csla 4.3.13
- Use "LocalDB" and path independent connection string for easy deploy
2012 Apr 09 - Rules sample v.1.1.0 -
download it here
This is a DLL rules library you can freely use in your projects and the missing complement to the new
Import Business and Authorization Rules from DLL feature.
New on this release:
- added projects for Csla 4.3.10
- 6 new business rules
Note - Source code is available as a single download file.
2011 Jul 02 - Cheat Sheet contents includes:
- How to create objects and collections by point and click
- How to create child objects and child collections by point and click
- What are those dreaded Parent Properties
- How to use DataAnnotations validation rules
This blog post explains the restrictions of Silverlight code, the solutions to the issues they raise and how to use the generated code.
To join this project and make your own contribution:
- Register on CodePlex
- Send the user name and brief description of your contribution to
Tiago Freitas Leal.
If you were told generated code is bug ridden or rigid or code gen tools are just toys then have a second opinion.
If you had some bad experiences with CslaGen or other code gen tools then you don't need a feature list but an argument list.
No, you are not sent out to the wild on your own. We try to help all the way. Or at least, some of the way...
- How do I start using it?
- How do I organize myself?
- Do I need some tools?
- Where do I fetch the free CodeSmith engine?
- Is there a suggested workflow for codegen?
Is there a sample?
There is a work in progress started 2011 Feb 15. Look under the Documentation tab or go straight to the
Is there a FAQ?
Of course there is! It's brand new and it's a moving target meaning I'm adding questions every now and then.
Read it here (2010-12-08 update).
About the license...
CslaGenFork is GPL 2 as CodePlex doesn't allow GPL 3. The GPL license is an inheritance from the original CslaGen code generator. Of course you can use the generated code as you like: sell, borrow, lend or even give away.
CslaGen couldn't exist without the free CodeSmith DLL. Great care was taken in not breaching the CodeSmith license agreement neither by CslaGenFork nor by anyone using it, Thank you